Friday, March 4, 2011

Action Allstars!





Today the game I played was called “Action Allstars” from www.primarygames.com. didn’t really like this game very much. It was a virtual world that gives the players various missions to complete while interacting with famous athletes. Things that were good about this game were that it differentiated in the beginning for players at different ability levels. It also gave the player choices between missions they want to complete. My game play of this game was limited because I was playing as a guest instead of as a member and it kept trying to entice me to become a member and receive information from their website. I also liked that it introduced a lot of famous athletes to the player and provides them with some statistics about the players. I got to play with Adrian Peterson, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, and Peyton Manning during my mission in order to solve the mystery of who stole the NFL hats. I am not sure of the educational value of this game because besides getting to learn a little bit about different athletes and using your problem solving skills to complete the missions I am not sure what else is very educational about it. I would not encourage my students to play this game in class although I would rather them play a game about sports than a pointless video game about shooting space aliens. I might be too harsh about this game though, it’s possible that if you were a member tons of facts may be available to the player throughout the game. I personally didn’t feel like going the extra distance to become a member for a game I will never play again.

(This game was copyrighted 2000-2011 by Primary Games Inc.)

No comments:

Post a Comment