Thursday, March 17, 2011


I revisited the “Playnormous” website today where I had found fun nutrition games for kids earlier in the marking period. Today I played a really fun game called “Brain Gain” which is a game that asks the players various questions about fruits and vegetables. I think this game would be a wonderful game for any of my students. Although the PE curriculum primarily focuses on fruits and vegetables in the early elementary level, it is reinforced throughout all grades when we are learning about healthy choices and healthy activities. I think this game would be appropriate for all grades because it has three levels therefore can be easier or harder depending on the player’s knowledge. It also has an element of speed and dexterity therefore can be challenging for a wide variety of students. I think it is really motivating and fun because you can see your time ticking down and because the questions can be slightly tricky. I had fun playing this game and really can see a lot of benefits for my students. I will highly recommend Brain Gain for any of my students and might use it in my classroom for anyone who cannot participate in regular PE activities.

(This game was copyrighted by Playnormous in 2011.)

No comments:

Post a Comment