Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Olympic Challenge


The game “Olympic Challenge” by Funschool asks the player various questions about the Olympic Games with multiple choice selections for answers. If the player answers correctly they are rewarded by shooting a bull’s-eye on an archery target. If they answer incorrectly the shot goes wide of the intended target. This game would be perfect for students to quiz themselves on their knowledge of Olympic Game sports. I think this game would be appropriate for my students to play leading up to the Olympic Games or even in the month following the games. I would use this game as a special prize with my students. I would ask them to play the game at home instead of playing other video games, tell me their results, and give me some information about the game. I would reward them with a prize of some sort for completing the challenge. The reason why I think this game is so great is because I am constantly trying to get the students interested in sporting events outside of school. I make it a part of my job to inform them about events like March Madness, the Superbowl, the World Cup, the Olympics, etc. and will often reward them for taking time to watch them or discuss them with me. This game would be a perfect incentive for them to learn about the Olympic Games as well as encourage them to follow them while they are happening.

(Disney Online holds the rights to this game.)

No comments:

Post a Comment