Sunday, February 27, 2011

"Ride the Label"


While doing this blog I try not to play too many games from the same website but I just have to share this game with you all. After my last blog post, I continued to search the http://www.nourishinteractive.com/ website. I found a game all about reading and interpreting nutrition labels on foods which is something I have wanted to do with my students for a few years. This game was perfect for my purposes. In my PE classes I spend a good amount of time discussing and teaching my students about the food pyramid and about nutrition labels but I really think it is something that takes practice to get people in the habit of doing on their own. I would assign this game “Ride the Label” as homework for my students. I think that my younger students will need adult help in order to play this game but I think that my older elementary students would be able to do it on their own. The game starts off relatively easy but gets a little harder in each level. Players are asked to make food selections and compare nutritional information by reading the labels for each food. I really see the value in this game and think that too often people don’t pay any attention to food labels when purchasing foods at the grocery store. I would hope that by playing this game, my students would be more aware of nutrition labels and would also encourage their parents to be as well. I love this game!

(This game was copyrighted 2008-2011 by Nourish Interactive.)

No comments:

Post a Comment