Saturday, February 26, 2011

"I Heard Hurdle Race"

"I Heard Hurdle Race" The “I Heard Hurdle Race” from the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website offers a game where the player answers true or false questions to clear hurdles to win the race. I played this game two times. The first time I answered them all and won the race!!! I played again; this time answering questions incorrectly to see what happens if the player doesn’t know the answers. The second time I played there were a few repeat questions but overall there were enough questions so the player could play multiple times and continue to learn each time. I liked this game because it asked good questions about exercise and then gave a good explanation for each answer. I think that students could learn a lot from this game about good exercise practices and I would definitely recommend it to my students. I think it is very important to discuss healthy exercise and physical activity practices so that children can apply what they know for the rest of their lives. I would recommend that my students play this game during free time, as a station activity in PE, or even as a whole group activity which could lead to peer discussions about each subject after a question is presented to them from the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment