Sunday, February 27, 2011

"Pyramid Panic"


Today I played a game called “Pyramid Panic” from http://www.nourishinteractive.com/. Nourish Interactive is a website that offers lots of information and games to teach children about nutrition. Their slogan boasts that it is “the fun way to learn about nutrition”. I have told you all before that I am absolutely horrible at all video games and today I learned the valuable lesson that I should not play any sort of video game in front of my fiancé lest I truly embarrass myself. He has played video games probably every day of his life and thought it was hilarious that my little chef was getting trampled by donuts and other fatty foods in this game. I really found this game fun and very motivating. I had to jump and race around the fatty foods that chased me in this game in order to gather up the healthy food to make a balanced meal. I would encourage my students to play this game because I think they would have a lot of fun and because it reinforces what we learn about the five food groups. I think this game goes the extra mile in nutrition education because it provides the player with “fun facts” about the five food groups and it also reminds the player that they need to take an activity break after 20 minutes of playing games. I would like to check out some other games and informational pages on this website because I think they are very geared towards children and I would like to see what else they have to offer.

(This game was copyrighted 2008-2011 by Nourish Interactive.)

No comments:

Post a Comment